Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Scars Of My Past

This is a recently revised work of mine that I wrote a few years ago. I found it and thought that I should finally share it with the world instead of having it locked and boarded. Here goes


I should probably tell you that I'm damaged
Scars show themselves not on my skin but on my heart
Created by all the nevers and maybes
Each word left unspoken
Each syllable shouted instead of softly spoken
Each memory that was never shared
Each moment that was betrayed

They all leave holes that riddle me through
Until I'm nothing more than broken concrete
And though I should tear down the electric fences Ive surrounded myself with
I wont
Not for you
Not for myself
Not for anyone at all
Truth is I'm far to scared to do so

Because as far back as my memory can stretch
Every single person who said they'd never leave
Is no longer here

No comments:

Post a Comment